Thursday, January 10, 2013

One week........

Well, it's just one week until I head out to India. I think I've got everything ready to go. Bags are packed, meds are in place, all the paperwork is done. Now it's a matter of surviving hour upon hour of boredom in five airports and a bus on the way to our final destination. It's hard telling, but if I have internet access at the airports, I may be able to post an update during the travel.

I did want to take this chance to thank all of you for your financial and prayer support. Please take just a bit of time to download the prayer calendar that I've included here. Print it out and stick it to your fridge. Prayer support is a vital key to any ministry. I'm pretty lousy at ever asking anyone for personal prayer, but in addition to the things listed on the calendar, please pray for my health. I've had a bit of a Crohn's flare-up this last week and while that's always manageable, it's certainly something I don't want to experience on the other side of the world. In addition, my church also has a team that is leaving for a short term mission in Poland on the same day. Please pray for their ministry and travels.


 

In the last week I've also found out that in addition to the evangelism, home bible studies, and HIV and malaria prevention education activities, we will also be distributing water filtration systems. The units we will be distributing are ideally suited to use in the areas we will be in. They work with no electricity and the replacement filters will be made readily available. Many of the diseases that plague the children of this are are water-born so it's a real privelage to be able to help them find relief.

Thank you again for your prayers and financial support. I might not post again before I leave, but make sure and check back often from the 17th on as I'll try to post updates and photos daily.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying with you Bob and for your wife as she holds the ropes at home. Praying that God directs every step. Thanks for going!

    ReplyDelete