Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Last Day

Today is our last day in the field and it is bittersweet. Normally we would continue in the field on Friday, but there is a national holiday on Saturday and that is one of the times that rebels like to prove their might (or draw attention away from their lack of might) by disrupting airport and train travel. Basically, we want to not be relying on any major travel on that day so we're heading back to Delhi a day early.

All those shown plus Jay and I fit in this vehicle.  That's 9.

Its the last day that we'll be working with our team. Our team has consisted of Jay and I plus two translators, four field workers that collect information and will be doing the follow-up, and a driver. And yes, all nine of us fit in the vehicle you see our team posed in front of. It's cramped and when you consider the types of roads (or lack thereof) we're traveling on, a kidney-crusher of a ride. But we laugh along the way and have fun. They've all be dedicated and very hard working and a joy to get to know.

I don't really have time to post much more as we have to be on the bus at 6:00am and I have yet to pack. We had a great day in the field and provided medical info and glasses to people that were desperately in need. We also saw 32 people come to Christ.

Dancing and singing worship around the fire!

The night finished with a celebration hosted at Uttam's family home, complete with singing and dancing (that's worship the Assamese way!) and a wonderful home-cooked meal. It was a very special evening and I'll be sure to post more about it when I get home and have time. I simply have to figure out how to post video to this blog in order to do it all justice.

Thank you all for your prayer and financial support. I'm not sure that I'll have time or resources to post more before I hit stateside, but I'll try.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment