Tuesday, December 18, 2012

D-Day -20

Well, just twenty days until I hit the skyways and bi-ways on the way to India. Speaking of which, this years route is a bit more circuitous than last years with more stops on the way there and a few layovers. The good news about this is that the dreadfully long non-stop flight monotony is broken up a bit with some shorter (though still long) flights. The bad news is that with time changes and layovers, I will be spending all of my time between Thursday at 9:00am and Saturday at 2:00pm in airport waiting areas, aboard planes, or on a bus. That's a lot of travel time without a bed.

Most of my personal stuff is taken care off. I have a couple immunizations to take care of and a few final things to track down, but with this being my second trip most of the things like a passport and visa are in place already. Now it's just a matter of getting my personal stuff together and packing it all up.

Thanks to support from friends and the sale of my motorcycle, at the time of this writing I'm only about $900.00 short of my total goal of $3750.00. There are still a couple weeks left so there is hope that additional funds will come in. If you'd still like to contribute support you can either drop an old fashioned check in the mail or give online by following the GIVE link at www.e3partners.org. Any support, no matter how small, is appreciated.

I've been participating in the training with the rest of the team. Some of the information is "old hat" to me, but still, it's good to get a feel for the rest of the team. George Cheek, Tom Parr, and I are the only ones on the team from last years group and the only ones that have traveled to India before. We will be working with many of the same Indian volunteers and pastors that we worked with last year, including Charles Golla, one of e3's India directors. I'm really looking forward to seeing Charles again. In addition to being an extremely dedicated man of God, he is also one of those infectious people that, within minutes of meeting him, you feel like you're an old friend.

That's about it for now. In the next week or so I'll be posting a prayer calendar here that you can download and stick on the fridge. It will include our itinerary and activities and prayer requests. Stay tuned and keep in touch!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment