Saturday, January 19, 2013

Finally

I'm going to say that it's a toss up between KLM and Indigo for service. The fun thing about Indigo is the throwback to the 50's-60's. The stewardess.........yes, they're still called that.......are dressed in the traditional outfits with skirts, blazers, a beret. Even their make-up is all pretty much identical and all of them have their hair up in a bun that is just off center enough to clear the headwear. I tried to get a picture of them, but it was too difficult to do so without seeming like a perv, so no luck. It's a kick, really. Regardless, it's just a means to an end. That end is to get us to our final destination.

Three of my team mates did manage to catch a bit of sleep on the Indigo flight

The other means to the end is the famous sonar navigated bus system. You can read my full description of echolocation system here: http://bobjosjor.blogspot.in/2012/02/echolocation.html?m=1

To get the full effect I'm going to have to figure out how to post video. It's also unlikely that I have the bandwidth here to do video posting. The internet doesn't seem to be quite as good this year as last. To give you an idea of the traffic, it took us about four hours to travel 120 miles. Horns blaring, bus swerving, Indian pop music bursting out of the radio. Bliss??!?!

The funny thing about all of this was having the two new guys on the trip with us. You see, with the layovers and lengthy flights and the time of the whole works, we spent almost 48 straight traveling, all without a proper break that would let us get rest. Of course, Tom and I, being a bit ornery, told our new guys "Don't worry about the lack of sleep. The bus is really relaxing and you sleep on the drive."

I'm not sure they found the humor. Oddly enough, although it wasn't the most restful, I was able to catch about 20 minutes of nap on the drive. At this point I'll take all I can get. I just did the math and I've had maybe four or five 30 minute catnaps in the last 56 hours. Once we finally arrived at our final stop, I zonked out for about an hour before showering and getting ready for dinner.

At dinner we met some of our local pastors, including Uttam, the man New Hope has sponsored as the regional coordinator for this area. We had a great meal and sorry, Matt, but everyone on this team is very agreeable to Indian food. We spent some time talking about our schedules for tomorrow when we'll be splitting up and attending services at four area churches. Look for a report tomorrow on that. As for now, it's time for me to think about hitting the sack.........after a bit of bible study. It's pretty common for them to ask visitors to give a message so I better prepare a bit.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment