Wednesday, December 23, 2015

14 Days

Well, it's just 14 days until three of us jump into a metal tube hurtling hundreds of miles per hour thousands of feet off the ground and go half way around the world. I've got most of my things ready to go, the luggage, the supplies, the medications, the tools. Now it's just my mind and heart that I'm working on finishing up with.

We had a our third and final training meeting this last Saturday night. I say it's our final one but it's really just our final one before we head over. We have a few layovers and those are often spent with the team doing additional training. Then once we get to our final destination we'll have more training with our Indian partners. Those are always a lot of fun as we start to really get to know our team.

This is my fourth trip and I'm noticing something different about myself this time around. It seems like I'm savoring little things that I know I'll miss while I'm gone. When Shannon and I laugh at a shared joke, which is often, thankfully,......I pay a closer attention to the way her eyes laugh with her voice and I try to burn both into my memory. The smell of good, strong coffee seems to linger a little longer on the nose. The crispness of the clean and cold winter air of Nebraska fills my lungs more deeply. They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder but I think that maybe the anticipation of absence is just as powerful.

Onward........

I have a nice little prayer calendar you can print out and put up on the fridge, put in your bible, or whatever. Drop me a line and I'll get it to you via email or messenger. Some of you will be getting a print version in the mail and if you'd rather get that via mail, drop me a line and let me know. Your prayer support is greatly appreciated and an incredibly important component to the success of the mission.

If you'd like to contribute financially, you can still do that as well. As of this writing I'm still about $990.00 short of my goal. Until December 28th you can give online at: https://www.purecharity.com/robert-e-josjors-fundraiser-for-north-india-india Now and after December 28th you can also mail a check to made out to New Hope Church with the memo "Bob Josjor - India" to 118 East B Street, Ogallala, NE 69153.

I might get one more post in before we hit the skies. If not, you'll hear from me on the way or when I get there. Thanks again for all your support in prayer and finances.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment