Friday, October 11, 2013

Mission diary/travelogue

This morning I'll head out to the Berean convention, held at Camp Maranatha this year.  I was given about a little more than a days notice that they wanted me to speak about India missions.  I still haven't been given any guideline as to the points they want me to touch on.  Oh, well.  I'm not too bad at speaking off the cuff.

Anyway, as part of the presentation I thought it would be helpful for people considering a trip to India to have something that would give them an idea of what they might experience as a first time traveler to the country.  I went back to my 2012 trip and pulled some of my blog posts and put them in chronological order, printed a few out, and then put it on scribd so that anyone can download it.  I would just tell them "Go to my blog" but one of the issues with trying to tell an ongoing story on a blog is that the blog lists it in reverse order, that is, most recent post at the top.  This lets them read it in the order it happened.

Here's a link to the scribd document.  You can either read it on your screen or download the .pdf.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/175300927/India-Mission-Travelogue

We're in desperate need of more people to join the January 2014 trip.  If you're even thinking about it a little bit, get in contact with me for info.  The deadline has been extended until the first week of November so time is short.

No comments:

Post a Comment